Wednesday, June 13, 2012

30 Something Pondering

I wonder if im the only one that is getting to that age where they begin to look at the world differently.  I have been around long enough to be able to know who i am and what i think and believe in.  I see my parents getting older and my grandparents getting even older and I look at things in a lot bigger picture than i used to. Im old enough to turn around and see where i have come from and the stamp it left on me. I see my parents generation that was filled with long hours and overtime, fast food and bigger is better mentality and im not buying it.  I just watched my grandfather finish building a entire house by himself for my cousin and my dad go through a heart attack.  I dont know if im the only one but what i think is this.  I want less overtime and more moments filled with family and friends, I dont want my job to be my life, I want smaller portions, better farm raised food from local markets and friends and family's gardens. I dont buy into bigger is better.  I dont want to look good in a bathing suite at 35, I want to be healthy at 85 with a strong body and mind and years of quality living behind me and ahead of me. i dont want to be on medicine. I want to be able to belive in God and not be labeled a fanatic, I want to be mindful of our environment and not be labeled a hippie, I want   eliminate my debt and pay with cash.
I dont want my parents life.  Dont get me wrong i dont want my grandparents either but i do want more of their values.  i hope someday before i die I see communities and neighborhoods have the strength to support each other and not need the government.  I hope we can find solutions to problems within a neighborhood, a city or a state.  I hope we are smaller and closer and know and trust each other.  I hope all this technology doesn't numb us but connects us to solutions and answers to problems locally.  I hope i see communities that sustain them selves with their own food and ecology and less waste. I dont want the governmental to decide whats best for me,  I would like to see me and my neighbors be able to come together in our cities and decide whats best for us.  Im not sure about this new generation in the same way they are not sure about themselves yet but I see in them the potential to use the knowledge and all this information to find real answers to cut through the crap. This is just my rant for today to remind myself to:
Pray harder, Eat better, work out harder, spend time with my family and friends, buy local and organic, get my concealed hand gun licences, volunteer, talk to a stranger, random act of kindness, recycle, create art, talk to my neighbors, get out of my comfort zone, learn something new, read and old book, make a friend at least 20 years older than me and 20 years younger than me, Save more, Love more, give more.

a great website!   http://www.shareable.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment