Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Corn Wisdom

Here is something i didn't know about corn that might help some other poor soul.  I have a small garden, and last year i planted two corn plants and my corn didn't produce well and the kernels never developed.  Now last year we had a bad drought so I attributed it to that but then a friend told me that I didn't plant enough stalks of corn and that you have to have quite a few for them to produce well.  Im not sure about the science behind it but i planted a big patch at the end of the garden this year and they are doing much better.  We got a lot more rain already so that might be a factor but i also have this little baby below as proof that something went right this year. Its super sweet too!
This years first ear of corn. It's so sweet. Last year I didn't get any worth keeping. Guess what's for dinner. Corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment