Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Perfect Pie Crust


First thing,  I just learned this about pie crust so before we get started I'm sharing it with you.  If you are cooking an empty pie shell you put the little fork marks in it to get the air all circulating, BUT if your cooking the shell with the filling in it like Pecan Pie you DON'T put the fork marks in it.  Good to know  - right?  Ok so here is the best pie crust recipe that exists and I promise once you make a homemade pie crust you will never again buy one.  It cant be duplicated and will make or break any pie.  Also, another tip:  If you want it to be flaky (and you do) don't kneed it too much.  Don't overwork the dough. This is my Maw-maw Bobbie's Recipe from my dad's side of the family and it was given to her by her grandmother. Oh and guess what... its easy as pie to make :) sorry I had to add that.
Add 1 Cup Flour to a bowl
Add 1/2 cup Crisco
You can use buttered baking sticks or the big fat regular can.  We used the sticks.
It should say "nice AND pretty" but you get the point
 ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment