Sunday, December 9, 2012

Joy

I have joy. It's a rare and precious thing. I see so many people searching for it that I wish I could give them mine. It doesent work like that unfortunately but I have noticed it spreads in small increments to people around you. At a time in my life when I had about a thimbleful of the joy I have now I remember an unhappy person telling me they could feel my joy getting all over them. I wish I could have bathed him in it, i still do, but you can't give it away. It has to be found in the small folded up places inside you. I'm thankful like this life is my second chance. I'm thankful to the point of joy. I believe that's where mine comes from, I find when I'm most humbled and most thankful that it begins as a small bubble and ripples over me until I'm shaking like a bowl full of jello barely containing my smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment